Yield: 48 cookies
Grain Free Biscoff Cookies
15 minPrep Time:
15 minCook Time:
30 minTotal Time:
- 1/4 cup butter or Earth Balance, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar or erythritol
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar OR erythritol plus 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 egg OR 1 1/2 teaspoons Ener-g egg replacer mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup applesauce or mashed banana
- In a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), combine butter or Earth Balance, sugar or erythritol, and brown sugar or erythritol plus molasses and beat until combined and fluffy. Add in molasses, egg or egg replacer, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Add in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and stir until combined. Add in the applesauce or mashed banana and stir until completely combined and the dough has come together. If (and only if) the dough is too dry, add in almond milk one tablespoon until all the flour can be incorporated.
- Turn the cookie dough out onto a piece of parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Place on a baking sheet. Chill in the freezer for one hour. After an hour, fetch the baking sheet from the oven and carefully peel the cookie dough fro the parchment paper. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 48 even squares.
- Preheat oven to 325°F, and line another baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a thin spatula, carefully lift up the cookies from the original parchment paper and place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 325°F for 12-15 minutes, or until they're golden/slightly brown. Let cool on wire racks. Feel free to make some cookie butter... if these last that long. Devour.
Calories: 22 cal
Fat: 0.75 grams g