Good news! I have taken your feedback and re-worked this recipe to produce the life-changingly fabulous Coconut Flour Pancakes 2.0. Enjoy!
This is a gold mine right here. Best. pancakes. evaaa.
I almost can’t believe how many terrible pancake recipes there are out there. Almost. Actually, I totally can because I’ve tried them. I’ve tasted the atrocity. I’ve spent the money on ingredients for said atrocity. My taste buds and wallet wept for this injustice.
I’ve tried protein pancakes with egg bits in them (!?), gluten free pancakes that fell flat, vegan pancakes that fell flat apart, and protein powder pancakes that had the ever appealing flavor of sawdust.
So with this luck in mind, the mission was born.
The Perfect Pancake Criteria
1. Must be easy. Super easy. Like, for Monday mornings where someone who is 90% asleep complete with a terrible hair day and fourteen tests she needs to study for would be perfectly capable of making them without catching said terrible hair on fire, ending up with no breakfast, and/or dying. (Yes, all of these consequences are of the same magnitude.)
2. Must be vegan. No vegan left behind. (I’m looking at you, eggy bit-laden protein pancake.)
3. NO PROTEIN POWDER. I will not stand for sawdust. Unacceptable.
4. Gluten free/grain free/low carb/paleo. Ya. This is a big stipulation. I’m being picky. Deal with it.
5. Must be devoid of snarky remarks beforehand. I’m really sorry about the commentary on number four. I shouldn’t have snapped at you.
6. Must have the ability to make grown men cry. (Side note: This is the only one I haven’t verified. If any grown men out there want to try these pancakes to see if they make you cry, that would be great.)
There you have it! And just because I know the suspense is killing you, and I’ll tell you now that I did pull it off. But it was no easy task. I actually had to make two separate recipe just to fulfill all these to the extent that I wanted.
Make sure you read the complete recipe notes below, but, in a nutshell, there is a vegan and a non-vegan version. The vegan version is lower calorie and has a slightly improved flavor, but the non-vegan version is higher protein and holds together better. What will it be? You decide!
I on the other hand cannot decide. It’s like picking my favorite pancake child! I couldn’t do that. I guess I’ll just have to make both!
This recipe is not vegan. Please click for Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes.
Update: If you have any questions about the recipe, please post it in the forum and read the comments as your question may already have been answered. Thank you!
And with this coconut flour pancake breakfast in my mind and belly, I’m off to go have a champion day.
Other Decadent Breakfast Recipes:
Pumpkin Coconut “Oatmeal” (Vegan/Gluten Free/Grain Free/Sugar Free/Low Carb/Paleo)– only 120 calories for the entire recipe!
World’s Healthiest Cinnamon Buns (Vegan/Gluten Free/Grain Free/Sugar Free/Low Carb/Paleo)– super easy and only 40 calories each! Who needs traditional cinnamon buns when you have these treasures? Not us.
Single Serving Coffee Cake (Vegan/Gluten Free/Grain Free/Sugar Free/Low Carb) – less than 140 calories for the entire cake! Um, YA I am want cake for breakfast.
How about you? How do you fuel your days? What’s your FAVORITE breakfast?