Hey all! Happy Tues.!
So today, I was brutally forced to create a new delicious desert using my new goodies.
But, in actuality, but I really am still waiting on the adapter and, as if to confirm an omen, the adapter for my point and shoot is getting all bent out of shape.
So that recipe is going to have to wait until tomorrow. (Think cake batter.)
Sooooo sorry to keep you waiting. 😉
But anyway, for the Erythritol. What is that?
So Nunaturals explains it all on their website, but I’m going to cut an paste it here for your convenience.
What is Erythritol?
- Erythritol is a white crystalline powder derived from corn starch,
- Erythritol has no calories per serving.
- Erythritol is safe for people with diabetes.
- It does not affect blood glucose or insulin levels.
- Erythritol will not cause undesired gastrointestinal or laxative effects.
- Erythritol does not promote tooth decay; mouth bacteria cannot metabolize it.
- Erythritol has a clean, sweet taste. The sweetness level is 75% that of sugar.
- Erythritol is naturally present in fruits and vegetables.
- actually sweet
- actually looks like sugar
- tastes like sugar
- I am not overly sure of the heat resistance as I used it in a no-bake recipe
- in the final result, there was actually a slight crunch because the granular texture did not break down at all