The product review towards the end of the following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Reebok. As always, all opinions and attempts of humor are my own.
Something that is already amazing just got infinitely better.
I adore guacamole. Give me a tub and I’ve got dinner. Sometimes I like to have a little chip with my dip, but it’s honestly just to look civilized.
I’ve seen other recipes that use peas to lighten the caloric load of guacamole, but peas add their own distinct and frankly undesirable taste and texture. Not too mention extra carbs. Here you won’t even notice the kale, or the lowered calories and extra nutritional vitamin goodness that comes along.
You’ll be too busy swooning over your indulgent gucamole snack. Or dinner. No judgement.
Set out your ingredients and bask in the fresh produce of this glorious season.
Process the ingredients in your beloved Magimix, which at this point has become a member of your family. (Easter was really fun this year. )
Enjoy it with your favorite dippables.
Or off a spoon. I regret nothing.
You are so pleased with yourself for whipping up this brilliant concotion (you can totally take credit in front of your guests) that you buy yourself the greatest pair of shoes ever because dang it you’re worth it.
Oh these shoes. Reebok Skyscape how I love you so. Even seeing the pictures makes my heart flutter a bit. #styleneverstops
Before this, I’ll admit to having a strong disdain for sneakers. I did not like them. I did not wear them. I am a thoroughly devoted boot girl, and the one time I’ve deviated is in buying an old pair of sneakers off ebay for ten bucks and wearing them a grand total of twice.
I’m a tough convert. But the Skyscapes have done the impossible.
These. These are different. The lovely hue adds a healthy dose of color to any outfit (pink for me-yay cancer awareness!), and they are so inexpicably comfortable. Even more so than *gasp* my combat boots. (And that’s saying something. I was about to propose to those things.)
As for my attempted stylings, behold lazy day chic.
Photo credits to my divinely patient mother. (Bet you never knew you’d be a fashion photographer, hey Mom?)
So if you feel like treating yourself, and quite frankly I think you should, these shoes are incredible. I wouldn’t say so if they weren’t. I’ve been wearing them so much from workouts to yoga to walking around to lounging around and it’s so bad that it’s good.
Adapted with love from Healthy Recipe Ecstasy
Yield: 1 1/2 cup
10 minPrep Time:
10 minTotal Time:
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 cups loosely packed kale leaves (de-stemmed)
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped and seeded (You can leave the seeds in if you want it spicy!)
- 1 large avocado, roughly chopped (Chopping it makes it easier to mash.)
- juice of a small lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add garlic, shallots and kale to the food processor and process until smooth. Add cilantro, parsley, and jalapeno and process until all the ingredients are combined.
- Put the kale mixture in a medium bowl. Add the roughly chopped avocados to the bowl and mash the avocados and kale mixture together until creamy and combined. Add lime or lemon juice from the lime/lemon half along with the finely chopped tomato and salt and pepper to taste. Give the guacamole a final mix, and serve with your favoring dopping implements. Devour.
How do you eat your guacamole?
Chips? Veggies? Spoon?