Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola (Vegan/Gluten Free/Grain Free/Paleo/Sugar Free)
10 minPrep Time:
30 minCook Time:
40 minTotal Time:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (I used reduced fat coconut)
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter (I used Better N’ Peanut Butter, for a lower fat option)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Carob is lovely, too.)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine peanut butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, and milk, and cook, stirring often, until completely melted. Stir in the coconut and sweetener until totally combined and remove from heat. Spread coconut mixture out on a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet, and bake in the oven at 350F for 25-35 minutes, depending on how crunchy you like your granola. Stir the granola about 15-20 minutes after it has been in the oven. Check pretty frequently in the final minutes of baking to make sure it doesn’t burn. Remember, it will harden a little bit as it cools, but not too much.
- Do not put the granola in a closed jar right after taking it out of the oven in a desperate and lame attempt to not eat all of it at once. That is bad. It will get soggy. I will still eat it anyway.
Calories: 54 cal