Yield: 16 bars
10 minPrep Time:
1 minCook Time:
11 minTotal Time:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- sweetener, to taste (This will vary depending on whether you use applesauce (less sweet) or mashed banana (more sweet). You can use cane sugar, erythritol, or stevia.)
- 1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour and applesauce or mashed banana until uniform. Add in the vanilla extract, molasses, and SLOWLY the almond milk until the desired cookie dough consistency is reached. Sweeten to taste. Stir in 1/2 ounce chopped dark chocolate. Spread the mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1 ounce chopped dark chocolate and 1/4 cup almond milk in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds to a minute and stir. If the mixture is too thin, microwave for another 15 seconds. Let chill until ready to use.
- Once solid, fetch the cookie dough from the freezer and cut into 16 bars. Take out the chocolate mixture and drizzle over the bars as neatly as possible. Don't worry; it's chocolate and cookie dough. It will taste good regardless. Return to the freezer and until frozen and set. Transfer to a zip lock bag for long-term storage where the bars should keep for about a month. Devour.
You may substitute your milk of choice for the unsweetened almond milk.
Nutritional information calculated with unsweetened applesauce and stevia.