Okay. You know that annoying barrier between bloggers and readers? I don’t like it and I want to break it.
I like to think of Foodie Fiasco as a big happy family and not me yammering on about coconut flour and you sitting going like “ugh?” Doesn’t a big happy family who has reunions with REALLY awesome desserts sound way better than “ugh?” That’s what I thought.
If you have not joined the family yet, I would absolutely love it if you would do so by leaving a comment on this page. But, instead of just creating the family and then forgetting about it, I thought we should take it a step further. And then a few steps after that. You know, why not? Exactly.
So the first step in any family reunion party? Ice breakers, of course! (And no, that is not code for a really amazing food item. But I’m flattered you assume I use food code.) I’m going to tell you some things about me, and I would love it if you could tell me some things about you.
You are so very, very special, I think it would be fabulous to express your unique awesomeness in a friendly, welcoming, and delicious setting.
What happened to you today? How is your cat? Do you secretly desire to lead a campaign against alarm clocks? Are you a thorough apple eater? Share these wonderful things!
You know what else would just make my day/week/month? If you shared some amazingness about yourself, and then got a conversation started. Respond to someone else’s amazingness. Remember, this is a friendly and loving place, and all your wonderful positiveness is always always always welcome here.
Wanna hear some of my quirks? …really? Wow, thanks! So without further ado:
Things About Kelly (That’s Me!)
1. I am fourteen years old and I will be a freshmeat in high school next year. Although my new school is a lot bigger than my old school, it is more established and well-resourced and I am very excited to go there.
2. I like to eat. A lot. I am a vegetarian and I do watch my carbs, which makes me just a *little* hard to eat with. (NO! I WANT MY DRESSING ON THE SIDE!) I do try to be as cooperative as I can but… you know.
3. I am a thorough apple eater! When I devour my beautious fuji, the bare core is the only remainder. I love me my apples and I do not intend to waste any part of them.
4. I am a singer and an actor, and I have been one all my life. I used to think those were my only passions, but as my life has progressed, food, this blog, and all of you have made it into my heart. I really love doing this. I really do.
5. My mom just had surgery a few days ago. If you’ve known me awhile, then you know that my mom was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer last year. Since then, she has had three surgeries, chemo, radiation, and is on a pill everyday for the next five years. Luckily, her prognosis is excellent and we have been so lucky with support and love, but it is still difficult. I love my mom more than anything.
Okay, that’s five things about me! Now that I’ve opened up, I want to hear about you. Maybe if you don’t want to say FIVE whole things (arg, counting), one teensy little thing will do the trick and make me smile.
So… tell me something about you! I love you and I want to hear about you! Get talking, let’s get some conversations going! If you don’t, I will keep using unnecessary exclamation marks!