Serving Size: 1 pizza
5 minPrep Time:
5 minCook Time:
10 minTotal Time:
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs (or 1 Tablespoons Ener-g egg replacer mixed with ¼ cup water)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons shredded cheese of choice (I use reduced fat. For a vegan version, either use some low fat vegan cheeze sauce or see note below.)
- Spray an 8-inch skillet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the ingredients until combined and thickened. (This may take a few minutes- that's okay! You want it to set up nice and thick.) Spread it evenly in the prepared skillet. Cook over medium heat for about two minutes, or until the bottom is firm and the top solidified. Spread the tomato sauce and sprinkle the cheese onto the cooking crust, and cook for about three more minutes, or until the cheese is mostly melted. You can cover and cook for a few more minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and slightly golden, and the bottom of the crust is browned. I, on the other land, like to stick the pan (uncovered) under the broiler and broil for a minute or too. Your call. Remove from heat, slice, and serve!
Go crazy with the toppings! Just be sure not to add too many because the crust can't handle that much weight. On second thought, don't go crazy.
You can use any kind of cheese you want, vegan or otherwise (see link above).