Serving Size: 1 pop tart
Grain Free Pop Tarts
10 minPrep Time:
15 minCook Time:
25 minTotal Time:
- 3 tablespoons Ener-g egg replacer mixed with 12 tablespoons water, or 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup erythritol or sugar
- 4 tablespoons fillings (such as chocolate chips, cinnamon sugar, jam, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together egg replacer or egg, applesauce, and salt. Add in coconut flour, baking powder, 1/4 cup erythritol or sugar,, and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. The batter should look somewhat like unkneaded dough.
- On parchment paper or a silicone mate, turn out the dough and knead until it comes together, about 1-2 minutes. (This is not intimidating at all!) Now, you can either top it with another piece of parchment paper and roll it flat, or smoosh it down to a uniform thin-ness like I did. You should have a big, thin square of evenly thin dough.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 8 even rectangular pieces. Top each of them with a tablespoon of your filling of choice, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Place one of the remaining dough pieces on one of the topped pieces and crimp the edges together with a fork to seal. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pieces. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and firm. Let cool and devour.
Calories: 70 cal
Fat: 2 grams g