Serving Size: 1 bar
10 minPrep Time:
30 minCook Time:
40 minTotal Time:
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or erythritol plus 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/4 cup cane sugar or erythritol
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10x10 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar or erythritol plus molasses, and cane sugar or erythritol. Add in the mashed banana and stir until combined. Add in the almond milk 1/4 CUP AT A TIME, stirring completely between each addition. (Sorry for yelling, but that's important.) Stir in the applesauce. If the dough seems too crumbly, add in more almond milk one tablespoon at a time. Stir in the chocolate.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the oven at 350°F for about 30 minutes. You absolutely must let the bars cool completely. If you don’t, you may end up with crumbs. But because we're impatient when it comes to these bars, I figured out that you can just stick them in the freezer for half an hour. So just put the pan into the freezer for half an hour or so, and get ready to chow down. Stored in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator, these blondies should last at least a week or about a month in the freezer. But there's no way they'll last that long. Devour.
Nutritional information calculated with erythritol.